Being a first home owner is remarkable in itself. But it also comes with a completely catch-free, no strings attached, never ever have to pay back, $10,000 cheque. Just for being you.
It’s called the First Home Owners Grant (FHOG) and it’s a $10,000 one-off payment from the WA Government to help young renters like you get into a home of your own.
There are seven criteria you must meet to get the First Home Owners Grant (FHOG). You must:
- Be a real-life person (i.e., not a trust or a business)
- Be over 18 years old
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Not have owned a residential property before in Australia (it is the First Home Owners Grant, after all)
- Not have received the FHOG grant before in Australia (and that goes for your partner, too)
- Choose a house and land package valued at or under $750k (that’s any of these house and land packages)
- Live in your new home for a continuous period of at least six months within its first year
Sound like you? It’s time to get excited and get in touch.
If you qualify, not only will you have a $10,000 head start on your home ownership dreams, the Government will also waive the stamp duty on your house and land package, saving you even more. Huzza.