Finance FAQs

Frequently asked questions


What is a settlement agent and do I need one?

You sure do! Settlement Agents, or Conveyancers as they are also called, are responsible for transferring a property from one owner to another.

You need one to help prepare the necessary legal documents (like changing the name on the title), adjusting the shire and water rates, and liaising with everyone involved in the purchasing of your new home and/or land.

If you’re not sure where to find one, feel free to reach out and we can point you towards a number of Settlement Agents that we – and our clients – love. 

Was this answer helpful?